Winter Is Coming
by A Latter-day Bluestocking
I recently finished reading the first book in the A Song of Fire and Ice series, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I enjoyed it immensely and have just started the second book, A Clash of Kings.
I felt it appropriate, in honor of George R.R. Martin’s epic to offer, for your perusal, my winter reading list. Winter is coming.
- The Cranford Chronicles Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Children’s Book A.S. Byatt
- The Queen of Fashion: What Marie Antoinette Wore to the Revolution Caroline Weber
- You Can’t Go Home Again Thomas Wolfe
- Jane Eyre Charlotte Bronte
- Jane Austen’s Christmas Maria Hubert
- Elizabeth’s Women Tracy Borman
- Divergent Veronica Roth
- Birthright: The True Story That Inspired “Kidnapped” A. Roger Ekirch
- Napoleon and the Empire of Fashion: 1795–1815 Christina Beneto and Martin Lancaster